Competence centre: cable-car technicians
State Vocational College Hallein: a competence centre
3 ½ years of balanced curriculum and broad education of theoretical and practical training for cable-car technicians in Austria, Germany and Italy.
At our location we have got top performance ropeway systems of highest technical standards, established for trial runs and simulation technology. This allows trainees to learn and test first- hand the basics as well as the latest innovative cable-car techniques.
Highest standards of professional performance and competence are achieved by co-operating closely with ropeways industries, mountain railway companies and cable-car authorities.
Having completed their training, students will be able to deal with the complex and diverse tasks of the cable-car industries.
Sound knowledge and great proficiency in technical as well as in organizational matters are the basis of a future career of our students/trainees. Furthermore, trainees learn excellent communication skills at our college.
Nowadays the cable-car industry provides about 3.000 lift facilities. This reflects the importance for winter tourism in our alpine regions. 14.000 workplaces in this area show the significance of this industry for the Austrian economy.
Occupational career in mountain regions – in a nutshell
- Best trained future specialists, supporting a successful company.
- Practical training on company products (service, revision, maintenance, searching for and repairing malfunctions, snowmaking, knowledge of weather-/snow conditions, knowledge of the avalanche scale.
- Our school-owned indoor cable-car facilities ensure training regardless of adverse weather conditions.
- Furthermore, we offer courses in basic business economics as well as in communication skills.
- Ongoing teaching/training programmes at Hallein Higher Technical College (HTL): cable-car engineer (3 ½ years of study).